Instructions for Submitting a STEM Careers Video
Thank you for your interest in helping to develop the next generation STEM workforce. Submitting a STEM Career Video will be a great way for you to excite today's students about following in your footsteps, as well as an excellent way for you to promote your firm, and your own expertise.
Videos submitted for this initiative will be shared extensively by the MI STEM Partnership, the Mobile Technology Association of Michigan (MTAM) and Inforum.
Please complete the form and follow the instructions below to submit a video for inclusion in the Michigan STEM Careers Video Initiative.
Instructions for making and submitting your video:
- Produce a cellphone/tablet self-made video, approximately 3 - 5 minutes in length, preferably from within your work environment so it can be seen in the background.
- We suggest filming yourself from the waist or shoulders and up; you can film yourself, or have someone do it for you.
- We request that you discuss the following items (you can have someone off-camera asking you to answer questions that will provide this content, or you can handle it as a monologue):
- overview of the work you do
- describe the education required to obtain the job you have
- describe the career path you followed to attain your current position
- tell the audience what you love about your job and/or any pros & cons they should be aware of
- describe why students should pursue this career; why is it a good opportunity
- Once the video has been produced, upload it to YouTube (Please NOTE: we cannot accept any videos that are not already loaded into YouTube)
- Add "keywords" to your video on YouTube that are appropriate to your field
- OPTION: YouTube provides the ability for you to upload logo's that will appear in the bottom right corner when the video is being watched; if you are an MTAM or Inforum member, we suggest doing a "save as" on the appropriate logo from the top-right column of this page and then adding it to YouTube so the organization logo will show in your video
- Download the "Video Release Form" on this page; complete the form and have it signed by the appropriate person at your employer (we need their permission to use a video filmed in their workplace)
- Submit a link to the video, and a digital copy of the signed form to STEMCareerVideo@gmail.com
Should you have questions on the process above, please feel free to contact us at STEMCareerVideo@gmail.com