Promote Grant Opportunities
We Support STEM Organizations and Connect them to Valuable Resources and Funding
Our support comes from cross-sector collaborations and partnerships between students, teachers, businesses, and STEM organizations.
We connect businesses and funding with STEM program providers to create much-needed educational opportunities for students at all levels of the education system.
Current and Future Grant Opportunities
The Michigan STEM Partnership hopes to positively impact economic development by bridging the gaps in today's educational STEM curriculum and fostering relationships between schools, businesses, parents, and students.
Some of our Recent Grants Include:
- Taking STEM Outside - MI Tech Center for Science and Environmental Outreach
- Earn While You Learn - Six County Employment Alliance, Escanaba
- Generation of Energy - Western UP Michigan Works, Hancock
- Summer Mathematics and Science Camp - Saginaw Valley State University
- Get'M - Girls Entering Technology & Multi-media - Bay-Arenac ISD Career Center
- Lego We Do Robotics - Midland County 4-H
- Making Technology Creators Out of Consumers - Shepherd Middle School
- WeDo STEM - Arenac County MSU Extension 4-H
- Citizen Scientist - Chippewa Nature Center & Midland Middle Schools
- Strengthening STEM - Otsego Public Schools
- Heating Up - Solar Cooking Competition - Great Lakes Renewable Energy Assn / Rockford Public Schools
- Integrating STEM in Step Up - Hope College Center for STEM Inquiry
- Creating, Collaborating, and Celebrating Elementary STEM Robotics - Banger Township Schools
- STEM K-6 Outreach: Nasr Museaum Dinosaur Exhibit and Prep Lab - St. Clair Community College
- STEMNETICS - Genesee STEM Academy
- Robotics and Coding Computer Programming - Mescosta-Osceola ISD
- Shipwreck Discover: Discovering the Future Through the Past - Alpena Public Schools
- Geometry in Construction - Sault Area Career Tech Center
- Keweenaw Science and Engineering Festival - Keweenaw MSC
- Capital Area STEM Geekend Weekends - Ingham ISD
- Brick Elementary School Maker Space - Brick Elementary Ypsilanti
- Coding for Kids - Mason Lake Mathematics & Science Center
- Recruiting Engineers for Aquaculture Automation - Lake Superior State
By 2020, the nation will experience a shortage of 3 million workers with associate's degrees or higher and a shortage of about 5 million workers with technical certificates and credentials, according to a Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce analysis.
Stakeholders need to work together to improve and increase STEM education in Michigan; the Michigan STEM Partnership plans to be the leading resource in the State to facilitate those relationships.